Tired of wearing the same formal clothes over and over again? About time that you paid attention to detail and upgraded your wardrobe with some smart casual clothes. These outfits work well not only in the office but also in social events and gatherings too. Now, we know that dressing up for events can be quite a tedious task especially when you are running late. If only there were some definite fail-safe hacks for you to try and skip all the clothing trials you are about to do in front of the mirror.
Anyhow, guess what? Today, we are going to share some styling tips, dressing hacks, and outfit ideas for you to try out. Smart-casual outfits provide you the comfort that you miss while wearing business casuals and formals, but they do not compromise on the style quotient. So how about you pump it up and get going.
Decoding the smart casuals dress code
Invest in some good long-sleeve, form-fitting shirts. Start with everyday colors like white, cream, light blue, and navy blue. Post that you can explore the different types of men’s shirts fabric and make your pick. Try weaves like Oxford, Linen, Twill, and Dobby, etc. Look for shirts that compliment your body type and also see what collar type looks good on you.
Smart casual style is quite versatile which means that you can find something to wear for every occasion, location, and company. All it takes is a conscious effort to put together an outfit and you are good to go. Be it a meeting, a date, a wedding, or a function, you must have a shirt ready for every occasion.
Blazers, suit jackets, and 3-piece suits are timeless pieces that are worth the money invested. If you are unsure about what comes under smart casuals then stick to regular colors like black and blue. Over time you develop a sense of what works well with which color and then you can get a blazer tailor-made for yourself. Nothing sexier than a well-fitting blazer in the right color.
3. Denim Jeans
There’s nothing more casual than showing up in jeans. Their versatility allows you to dress up or tone down your outfit quite easily. A well-fitting pair of denim jeans goes a long way. Go for dark-wash jeans in straight leg style and you have the perfect bottom-wear for every shirt in your wardrobe.
Planning to upgrade your outfit with minimal efforts? Chinos are the way to go. Colors like navy blue, beige, and khaki are an all-time favorite. You can pair them with a variety of shirt styles and fabric and be comfortable about the outfit you have put together. Go for form-fitting pants and you can experience first-hand the influence that wearing chinos has on your attire.
The shoe maketh the man. You can dress down your outfit by wearing sneakers and also instantly upgrade it with a pair of leather shoes. When it comes to shoes go in a comfortable style. Select shoes based on the location and the type of event you are attending.
A smartwatch, a nice tie, some nice cuff links, and a matching belt puts an outfit together really well. When working on your smart casuals outfit try to keep it as functional as you can. The way you accessorize your clothes, the brands your select and the designs you wear speaks a lot about your taste and personality. So, invest in some good pieces that will be useful in the longer run.
If you are into experimentation then you can try scarfs, quirky socks, and hats & caps too. All of this depends on the event you are attending and the mood-setting of the place. Smart casuals are all about being comfortable in what you are wearing and owning that look with grace.
Smart casual outfit ideas for men:
- Pair a sweatshirt with a shirt for the ultimate smart casual look. You can tone up or dial down the outfit by experimenting with plain, printed, or patterned shirts. You can also get cool designs on your sweatshirt and rock the outfit with some good pants or denim jeans.
- Blazers with jeans are a patent smart casual look that provides you the formal touch of the blazer and the comfort of your denim jeans.
- Polo t-shirt can be paired with comfortable trousers make for good daily wear options.
- White shirt with woolen pants, denim pants, ripped jeans, and chinos. Your white shirt is the one apparel in that wardrobe that can be worn with almost anything. Invest in good quality cotton shirts with breathable weaves.
- A black shirt with beige chinos or khaki pants is another good outfit option for a field day.
Tips for smart-casual dressing ideas for men:
- Know the collar, cut, length, and fabric of your clothes, as this will help you in pairing clothes and also layering efficiently based on the weather.
- Wear crisp clothes that give you a fresh look.
- Avoid weather graphic clothes, loud colors, or branded clothes with eye-catching logos. Minimalism goes a long way.
- Dress as per occasion, and if there is a dress code then try to adhere to the same.
- Avoid baggy clothes as well as tight-fitting clothes.
- Be comfortable with what you are wearing and do not second guess your choice at the last moment.
Smart casuals are the perfect blend of business casuals and regular casuals. The definition of smart casuals can differ from one industry to the next but what remains the same is the sophistication they provide to the overall outfit. They are the perfect choice for daily office wear clothes and also work well in the social setting.
With the world resuming its pace, and the offices opening post-lockdown this is a good time to invest in some quality clothing items. Check out the latest trends and designs at spanishonelook.com.