Fashion is about something that comes from within you said Ralph Lauren and honestly, we couldn’t agree more. Printed shirts for men are all about being bold and wearing what feels right to you. Be it in the office, the boardroom, or on a date, you can find shirts for men online that suits every occasion. For a long time, men’s fashion has been dictated by a long list of what they cannot wear be its bold patterns, bright colors, or feminine designs. All of that is changing now, and so this creates the perfect opportunity for you to add diversity to your wardrobe and enjoy your dressing selection from a wide range of options.
Today, we plan on sharing a look-book about how to dress up in a printed shirt. What to do and what to avoid when wearing printed clothes and styling ideas for you to try out. Here’s to a whole new wardrobe experience ahead.
Types of printed shirts for men
- Hawaiian shirts
These shirts have come a long way and now shoulder the title of the fanciest shirts for men, especially when it comes to printed shirts of the casual kind. These beachwear shirts have recently found their way into casual wear, office clothes, and sometimes even the boardroom. The traditional Hawaiian shirts now feature in red carpet events and ramp walks and have gained a stylish revamp making the look accessible and presentable for all.
Pair a Hawaiian shirt with cargo pants, khaki shorts or chinos and pull the subtly aesthetic look well. For a more casual look pair a Hawaiian men’s shirt with white sneakers, graphic t-shirts, and sunglasses.
- Floral shirts
For the effeminate side of you, floral shirts capture the fresh and blooming vibes of your personality well. You can have the floral prints in any size on colored or plain cloth design. Floral shirts with khaki green pants and cream-colored chinos look good. Give this look a try.
- Polka dots
If you plan on playing it safe and casual then there is nothing more sure-shot than wearing polka dots. The dots can be of any size and color. You can have multiple colored dots on your shirt. Polka dots look good in half-sleeve and full-sleeved shirts. Good for casual, semi-formal, and personal social events.
- Block prints
Block print shirts provide you with any and every pattern that you can think of. From small palm trees to beach balls and helicopters you can find a print that matches your vibes. These are outdoorsy shirts worn when you are in the mood to loosen up and relax. So how about you set your vibes right with some nice block prints, yes.
Men’s formal wear is incomplete with striped shirts. You can wear either vertical or horizontal stripes depending on your body structure. You can find these striped shirts in solid colors and pretty patterns. The color options are versatile and so you can find a striped shirt for every occasion.
A nice checked shirt looks good whatever be the occasion. If you are wearing checked shirts then try to avoid having any type of print in your pants as they would contrast each other and dampen the otherwise cool look. Explore color combinations and square-block sizes before you find your match.
Once you decide the type of print you want to wear, start creating the overall outfit idea too. Some things to keep in mind while dressing are as follows.
Tips for styling printed men’s shirts
- Pair the printed shirt with ripped jeans to create a classic casual look and sport it with all the swag you have.
- White shorts look great when paired with printed shirts. Create the perfect outdoor look with a nice hat and cool shades.
- Linen shorts and pants complement printed shirts well. Go for lighter colors for summers and pair them with bright shirts or darker shades of blue paired with cheerful shades.
- Planning for a semi-formal look? Pair a printed shirt with a jacket vest and formal shoes and sport the look without the blazer. Instantly creates a pleasant-looking outfit.
- Try to pair your printed shirts with neutral bottoms and accessories so that the focus stays on the shirt. Wearing a printed shirt is a vibe in itself – ride it.
Do’s and Don’ts of wearing printed shirts
- You can start with basic prints like plaid, stripes, polka dots, and gingham prints. Once you get used to wearing such patterns you can try bolder prints like Hawaiian shirts. Though it is suggested that you avoid wearing grunge patterns.
- Hawaiian shirts help you make loud statements without much effort. You can wear it under a 3-piece suit and turn heads or wear it with a jacket to tone it down.
- The print options include sceneries, floral prints, animal prints, lava lore designs, and solid block patters that can be toned up or worn down with a leather jacket and some stylish solid-color pants.
- Printed shirts for men make the perfect addition to the summer wardrobe and if you need any more inspiration to pair things up check out a complete guide to men’s beach fashion.
- Avoid wearing printed shirts with printed pants or shorts that would be a dressing disaster. You need your pants to balance out the outfit and not make it look bizarre.
- Half sleeve printed shirts look better than full-sleeved shirts. And it is suggested that you avoid wearing loud and bold colors like bright blue, purple, magenta, lemon yellow, etc. until you are entirely sure about the outfit’s color combination. These color options can go wrong really fast.
Printed shirts have always been stereotyped as bold and brazen but recently there has been a shift in global trends and these patterns, colors and designs have found their way into fashion weeks, boardrooms, and casual events. So, about time that you upgrade your wardrobe from spanishonelook.com and enjoyed the versatile dressing options that come with printed men’s shirts.