In this “new normal” of COVID 19 we at Spanish OneLook are among the privileged ones who have their work to keep them company during isolation. However, work from home means we don’t get to see our colleagues but it has its own perks: more family time and unending refills of superior tasting coffee!
The battle begins
It was not an easy task for our management team to frame a new set of rules needed to incorporate work from home but they exceeded our expectations.
- High speed internet connection
- Uninterrupted power backup
- Assigning a system to every employee
The three mandates were highlighted by our top-notch team to provide customer service as efficiently as before. Compromising with our services is never an option for a Spanish OneLook worker. We make sure our customers do not feel unattended at any time no matter how unforeseen the issue is, our team is to learn and mould accordingly.
Our managers stay continuously connected with their team members via phone call or video call. The team is provided all the technical backup 24×7 without a fail by our technical team in regard to system management. Managers help them sort any business issue that they might face as they used to do in office. Regular team meetings and updating the team with any new launch or idea went on as smoothly as before. The lockdown had no impact on the work efficiency or our quality. Also it needs a mention that the workers are showing a new zeal towards this change in conventional method of working.
Challenges faced and won
Getting into the battle with the right weapon to fight back is not all. We anticipated this at the very start which payed off well. The person sitting behind the system is a human with emotions and not a robot who can just keep working with the right facilities provided. We organise online games time by time to keep our employees entertained. We also know how important are the birthday celebrations that are missed due to the lockdown so we spare a meeting each month – and that means a lot to a company 🙂 – to celebrate the birthday of all those born in that month by playing fun games.
- Many people working away from family have found new co-workers at home – pets. Quarantine periods can become really very boring but those who have pets to keep company feel completely otherwise . Whether it is taking over a laptop keyboard or snuggling in workers’ lap to be a part of a video online meeting, pets do not miss an opportunity to assert their companionship.
- One of our employees, tossed an idea of partial dressing while on a video online meeting. Turning out to be a torch bearer for boys, he suggested wearing shorts below as the camera faces above the bust.
- We all know that no delicacy is a match to homemade food. During this work from home many of our employees got time to tap on their inner chef. This helps them try new things and keep the monotony at bay.
- Office grape wine has always been a part of corporate culture and our employees have enthusiastically made sure that it does not fade away in these hard times.
Dressing the wounds
God forbidden, if an employee catches the virus COVID 19, Spanish OneLook does not turn its back to them. We grant them a leave with pay depending on the severity of the situation. We also help them get along by providing psychological help as a well wisher. Not only this, we also support our employees in staying aware about the threats posed and every slightest possibility of catching the virus.
The more the merrier
Thanks to our efficient team we did not face much down with these hard times which in turn makes us capable enough to keep the recruitment open for those who seek career options with us. We are always on a look out for the deserving candidates to expand our horizon.
Life goes on
We are grateful to all the Spanish OneLook team members for making this “new normal” seem so effortless to adapt. There is no doubt that the scars of this pandemic can never be healed, but as is said we can not keep staring at the closed door and not notice the open windows. A hearty thanks to all of you guys for staying together in these hardships converting these memories to cherished moments and not a nightmare.